Our Core Values:
- We respect children and families as experts of their own experience.
- We work collaboratively with families. We offer possible solutions and coping mechanisms but respect the families’ choice in what advice they wish to take or not take.
- Our practitioners understand that their own personal views on how to parent, is not the ‘only’ or ‘right’ way.
- We are not content to simply stick to our ways of working. Instead, we constantly try to find new and better solutions to the challenges our families face.
- We take a non-judgemental approach to our practice.
- We do not see children of prisoners and their families as all the same. We acknowledge individual differences and support each family in a bespoke manner.
- Whilst we recognise the significant trauma that children and families face when a parent is sent to prison we do not position our families as vicitms, but as competent and able people with much to offer.